The Westwood Mission Moves to a New Building
Our new building was previously a funeral home, complete with an embalming room with equipment. There was also a trap door on the second floor for bringing caskets up from the garage into the casket display room. That room would soon become the Mission's main course room.
The photo on the left is from 1925. At that time the area was known as Sawtelle, a district within the western region of Los Angeles.
The windows on the right, as seen in the top photo, was where the Qualifications Office was located. It also included the Qual library. The windows on the left was the Executive Director's office. There was a small private kitchen that was part of that office. The building had twice the space of our old location, and had a large parking lot in back.